A varicose ulcer is a sore that develops on the legs due to poor circulation of blood.
These ulcers are formed when the veins in the legs are unable to send the blood from the legs to the heart.
Varicose ulcers are more common in older people especially women.
Our veins have valves that help in the one way flow of blood from the legs to the heart.
When veins are unable to send the blood back, it collects in the veins developing pressure and weakening the overlying skin.
As a result, a sore is formed.
This poor circulation weakens the skin and slows down the healing of a wound or a cut.
Normally these sores form over the inside of legs and above the ankle.
If timely treatment is not taken these sores may soon become chronic and excess fluid and pressure may develop over and around the open sore.
Conventional treatments provide relief by removing the affected skin and with regular dressings.
But the sores tend to recur since the underlying cause is not treated.
Natural treatments such as homeopathy help treat the underlying cause and provide the natural recovery of the sores.
Homeopathic medicines work by raising your inner immunity
Gradually and slowly inner healing is achieved and painful symptoms fade away.
What causes a varicose ulcer?
Our veins send blood to the heart through valves. When these valves become weak, blood may get accumulated in the legs.
This condition is known as venous insufficiency
Now this accumulation of blood raises the pressure and excess fluids within the veins.
This rise of pressure stretches the wall of the veins causing proteins in the blood and blood cells to seep into the tissues.
As a result, oxygen and nutrients are unable to reach the tissues.
Soon the cells of these tissues die forming a sore.
Signs and Symptoms of Leg Ulcer
Symptoms of venous insufficiency occur when due to the accumulation of blood, excess fluids and blood cells leak out into the tissues.
This causes itchiness and skin thinning.
Here we are listing some generalized symptoms of leg ulcer or venous insufficiency
- Open sore
- Leg swelling
- Dark red, purple or brownish skin with hardening
- Increasing wound size
- Enlarged veins
During your visit to a homeopath, she may analyze your lifestyle, family history, medical history, etc and may prescribe you with following management techniques
- Quitting smoking
- Keeping blood sugar levels maintained to normal
- Healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Compression stockings
- Reduce salt intake
- Operation of leg
- Leg injury
- Blood clots
Homeopathic Remedies for Varicose Ulcers
- For varicose ulcers with burning pain
- Helpful to treat conditions affecting fibrous tissues such as bones and teeth
- Intense pain which worsens with prolonged standing
- Ulcers with red edges
- Itching with a burning sensation
- varicose ulcers with pus discharge
- Ulcers with red edges
- Inflammation and pain
- Ulcers that bleed on slight touch
- Ulcers with mottled purple color
- Foul-smelling pus discharge
- Ulcers sensitive to touch
- Offensive discharge from the ulcer
- Burning sensation at night
- Ulcers occurring as a result of injury
- Ulcers with itching
- The ulcer is hard to touch and looks red
- Pain and stinging sensation that gets better in the open air
If you still have any doubt or concerns, please feel free to drop me a message at info@RChomeopathy.com.au and I will get back to you soon.
Note: Do not self-medicate any of the remedies listed above . Consult a qualified homeopath.