What is Jet Lag?
When changing time zones due to a disturbance in circadian rhythms, your body may somewhat lag behind and may take some time before the body clock again readjusts with the new zone.
Though jet lag is a temporary condition but may affect the initial few days if you have a work or a holiday plan.
Symptoms of Jet Lag
• You sleep pattern may change
• You may experience fatigue
• Upset bowels
• Concentration problems
• Change in appetite
Homeopathy for jet lag is very effective and see these symptoms as a general indication of the body working to heal itself from this condition. By stimulating your natural healing abilities, homeopathy helps your body adjust itself with the changed time zone.
In conventional medicines, the popular drug prescribed for the jet lag condition is melatonin. This hormone is the same hormone as is produced by the pineal gland to help maintain a natural circadian rhythm of our sleep-wake cycle.
But there is still not enough evidence to support its effectiveness.
Further melatonin can also interfere with some of the medications taken for blood thinning, diabetes, or epilepsy.
This may add to several side effects.
Other popular medications are sleeping pills but their long term usage can create a dependency loop which can cause various problematic symptoms later.
Homeopathic Jet Lag Prevention
Natural remedies such as homeopathy allow your body to adjust itself back with its natural rhythm.
These remedies serve as an external stimulus for allowing your body to heal.
Though your body may still take some time to recover, we recommend you to consult a homeopath if you travel often.
Also, you can get your homeopathic travel kit.
Remedies being all natural and safe allows your body to move between time zones without dreading about the symptoms. Make sure you take the doses timely and at the right frequency as suggested by the homeopathic practitioner.
Top Homeopathic Remedies for Jet Lag
• Arnica: help to deal with jet lag trauma, other symptoms may include weakness, fatigue, insomnia, achy, sore or bruised
• Cocculus Indicus: recommended when the person feels extremely tired and week even to sleep. Vomiting can also be a symptom
• Gelsemium: a person feels almost paralyzed
A homeopath may also suggest with certain side measures that you can try along with homeopathic remedies
- Proper hydration of your body by drinking plenty of water
- If you have some important event lined up and plan to visit the destination a few days before to help your body adjust.
- In-flight seated position exercises
- Get a homeopathic travel kit
- Avoid heavy meals
- Avoid alcohol
- Maintain proper health while travel that helps combat jet lag symptoms much easily
If you still have any doubt or concerns, please feel free to drop me a message at info@RChomeopathy.com.au and I will get back to you soon.
Note: Do not self-medicate any of the remedies listed above . Consult a qualified homeopath