What are Corns?
When the skin surfaces such as palms of your hand or soles of your foot faces extreme pressure or friction, as a mechanism to prevent such damage, the inside skin tissues rise to the top forming a protective layer layer.
In time these layers may get harden and develop a pointed structure known as a corn. They appear and feel is like dead, hard and rough skin areas.
Two types of corn that may form are hard corns occurring at top and sides of toes or feet but soft corns are formed in between toes.
Though there are various causes and risk factors which can make one vulnerable to develop corns, there are certain lifestyle and works that expose the skin surface frequently to friction.
Causes of Corns
- Wearing loose or tight fitting shoes
- High heels
- Wearing shoes without socks
- Barefoot on hard surface for long
- twanging stringed instruments for long
- Or any such activity that requires continuous friction on skin
- Certain medical conditions which causes poor blood circulation at foot may face more complicated case of corns
Homeopathic treatment for corns is very effective, natural and free of any side effects. They not only provide relief from the outer manifestation of corn but also work towards the underlying cause.
Once the root causes gets treated, you receive a permanent cure from the corns.
Conventional treatments such as Surgical removal provides only a limited time relief with corns returning back after some time.
Further , the open surface adds to the risk of infection.
Homeopathy believes that corn eruptions are an outer manifestation of some internal disturbance.
Once the homeopath analyses this disturbance and/or other probable reasons as mentioned above, remedies are prescribed that optimize this behavior and prevents the formation of corns.
Also, as homeopathy is more economical, natural and safe medicine, it allows you to side step other expensive modes of treatment.
There are a variety of therapeutic medicines provided by homeopathy suitable to your particular case of corns.
A homeopath will consider various medications, illness/disorders, family history and routine lifestyle before concluding with the best set of remedies for corns.
Top Homeopathic Remedies for Corns
One of the most prescribed remedies for corns.
- Large horny corns which may or may not be inflamed
- Corns are tender
- Create pain while walking
One of the most prescribed remedies for soft corns.
- Appear mainly between the toes and hence can make walking painful.
- Prescribed mainly for soft corns
- Burning and tearing pain
- Offensive odour at the place of corn
- Prescribed mainly for corns with pus formation
- Pain burning and stinging sensation
- Corns are sensitive to touch
Nitric Acid and Lycopodium
- For corns that are painful
- Corns with splinter
- Thick corns with pressing, tearing, aching, and drawing pain
- Lycopodium for corns that are sore, stinging or burning pain
All the remedies prescribed here are generalized and may vary between individuals. For the remedies most suitable to you consult a doctor.
If you still have any doubt or concerns, please feel free to drop me a message at info@RChomeopathy.com.au and I will get back to you soon.
Note: Do not self-medicate any of the remedies listed above . Consult a qualified homeopath