Homeopathy For Back Injury
Modern day lifestyle has made back pain a common problem. This pain can range from mild to severe. Back injuries and strains are common reasons for back pain.
Though back injury can occur at any age but old age people are at an increased risk of developing this condition.
Pain in lower back can be linked to bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae, ligaments around spine and disc, spinal cord and nerves, lower back muscles, etc.
While pain in upper back maybe due to disorders of the aorta, tumors of the chest and spine.
Back Pain Symptoms
- Limited movement
- In some cases compression of nerves may lead to cauda equina syndrome. Immediate medical help is necessary
As lower back is the most common point of injury, homeopathy has a wide range of medicines to treat lower back ache symptoms.
Muscles, ligaments, tendons, vertebrae or disc that make up the back structure may also get affected and causes back injury.
This happens due to the lifting of heavy weights /objects, sudden jolt, car accident, twisting of spine, etc.
This results in sprain, strain, fracture, dislocation of vertebrae, herniated disk etc.
Risk Factors for Back Pain
- Old age
- Genetic factors
- Medical conditions
Homeopathic remedies help manage the back pain in an effective manner through all natural remedies.
Any pain, stiffness, injury to muscles, tendons, or ligaments can all be treated with natural homeopathic remedies.
Causes of Back Pain
Back is composed of ligaments , tendons , disks, bones, and make up the structure. We also have segments of the spine that resemble disk shaped structures.
Any problem with these components can lead to back pain.
- Muscle spasm
- Muscle tension
- Damaged disks
- Injuries or falls
- Ruptured disks
- Bulging disks
- Muscle tension
- Bending for long periods
- Standing or sitting for long periods
Natural Remedies for Back Injury
Homeopathic medicines are prepared from natural sources such as vegetables, minerals, fruits, roots and nosodes and some cruelty free animal sources.
Arnica-For back injury
- Suitable for acute as well as chronic back injury
- Back injury from falls or blows
- Pain and tenderness in back
- Pain may reach hips
Rhus Tox- Sprain and Strain
- Sprain and strain from lifting heavy weights
- Stiff and painful back
- Pain worse while sitting lying or bending
- Exercise relieves pain
Ruta- Injury or Strain
- Pain worse from sitting and walking
- Drawing and bruised pain
- Pressure relieves pain
Hypericum- For back injury with sensitivity of the spine
- Spine is sensitive
- Spine tender with pain
- Pain radiating up the spine or down to limbs
- Cervical vertebrae sensitive to touch
Bryonia- Back pain that gets worse with movement
- Pain worse from standing and motion
- Lying down relieves the pain
Calcarea fluor- For pain arising from strain
- Pain that arises from strain
- Pain worse from rest and on beginning to move
- Continuous movement helps relieves pain
- Burning sensation in back
Colocynth- For pain that radiates down to the legs
- Manage back pain when radiated from back down the legs
- Tearing and sharp pain
- Pain worse at night
- Heat makes pain better
Back Pain Treatment in Homeopathy
Homeopathy has a wide range of medicines to choose from. Based on your unique symptoms a homeopath may prescribe you with the remedies.
During your consultation, she may ask you questions like
- When did your back pain started
- Does your profession require physical labor
- Whether it appeared following injury
How well your symptoms are matched with the remedies foretells the recovery time.
Depending upon which area gets affected , homeopathy has medicines for upper back pain as well as lower back pain.
Here you are not prescribed with remedies based just on the disease label. Instead your personal analysis is done based on the modality of complaints.
If you still have any doubt or concerns, please feel free to drop me a message at info@RChomeopathy.com.au and I will get back to you soon.
Note: Do not self-medicate any of the remedies listed above . Consult a qualified homeopath