What is Ankle Pain?
An Ankle is a joint lying between legs and foot. Two bones of the legs fibula and tibia and one bone of the foot -talus bone together form the ankle joint.
An injury or fall may create ankle pain, swelling or bruising of the affected foot. If any weight is given over such an ankle, it causes pain and redness in the affected foot.
The ankle pain not only halts the daily routine but also affects the psyche of the person undergoing this condition.
Holistic treatments such as homeopathy treat the patient for his overall being and thereby serve as a very effective ankle pain treatment.
The most common cause of ankle pain is an ankle sprain. A sprain occurs when ligaments in your ankle tear up or get overstretched. Sprained ankle treatment in homeopathy has shown amazing results. Accidental fall or injury may also cause ankle pain.
Causes of Ankle Pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Joint infection
- Blocked blood vessel
Homeopathic treatment is very effective to treat your ankle pain.
By analyzing whether your pain is a result of injury, sprain or a medical condition, a homeopath will prescribe the remedies accordingly.
Sprain, Strain, and Injuries
Sprain includes overstretching and tearing of the ligaments around the ankle when there are a sudden twisting and turning of the muscles around the ankle.
Other injuries might include fall or blow with a sharp object over the ankle.
Sprained ankle treatment in homeopathy provides relief through all natural remedies.
When excess uric acid builds up in the body, it may affect any joint including ankle joint.
Building up of calcium deposits in joints causes pseudogout.
It is a chronic inflammatory condition in which the immune system launches a defensive attack against its own body tissues. This affects the lining of your joints, causes bone erosion and joint deformity.
It can affect other body parts as well.
Your leg muscle and bones of the feet are together joined through a muscle known as tendon.
Any inflammation of the tendons is known as tendonitis.
Home Management of Ankle Pain
- Try to give appropriate rest to your ankle. If possible use support for initial days
- Do icing sessions every 20 minutes with a gap of 90 minutes between each session
- Use elastic bandage as recommended by a medical practitioner
- Try to keep your ankle elevated through a set of pillows
Homeopathic Remedies for Ankle Pain
Homeopathic medicines are very effective to treat any kind of ankle pain including bony, ligamental, muscular or tendon ankle pain.
Natural homeopathic medicines have shown their effectiveness both for acute as well as chronic cases of ankle pain.
Depending upon the source cause of your ankle pain, you will be prescribed with homeopathic remedies.
Ankle pain due to injury, fall or injury from a sharp object
- Soreness and numbness
- Pain worse with touch
- Ligament injury
- Pain and lameness
- Pain better with a warm application
- Pain worse with pressure, standing and walking
- Pain due to overstretching o overstraining
- Pain better with continued ankle movement
- The hot application provides relief
- For ankle pain due to gout
- Ankle pain gets worse with movement
- Worse with cold applications
- Pain better with pressure
- Ankle pain worse with warmth
- pain better with cold
- Pain gets worse at night
- Swelling in ankles due to rheumatoid arthritis
- Pain worse with touch or motion
- Pain may be tearing or tingling
Homeopathy is the best treatment for a sprained ankle, consult a well-qualified homeopath.
If you still have any doubt or concerns, please feel free to drop me a message at info@RChomeopathy.com.au and I will get back to you soon.
Note: Do not self-medicate any of the remedies listed above . Consult a qualified homeopath